Becoming a Pro Esports Athlete
Many young people are participating in online and LAN event tournaments across Africa. Many dream of making big on the international tournaments and wining the millions of prize money currently being offered in the prize pool.
There are several steps that an amateur gamer can take to become a professional esports athlete:
1. Practice and improve your skills: To become a professional esports athlete, you need to have a high level of skill and proficiency in your chosen game. This requires a lot of practice and dedication, and you should focus on improving your gameplay mechanics, strategies, and teamwork.
2. Build a reputation: Building a reputation as a skilled and reliable player is key to becoming a professional esports athlete. You can do this by participating in online tournaments, streaming your gameplay on platforms like Twitch, or by joining a local gaming community and competing in local tournaments.
3. Join a team: Joining a team of like-minded players can help you to improve your skills and make connections in the esports community. Professional teams often have coaches and managers who can help you to develop your skills and find opportunities to compete at a higher level.
4. Network with other players and industry professionals: Building relationships with other players and industry professionals can help you to learn more about the esports scene and find opportunities to compete at a higher level.
5. Be consistent: Consistency is key, you need to be able to perform well over an extended period of time, to be considered a pro-player. Be consistent in your practice, in your performances, and in your attitude.
6. Be professional: Being a pro-athlete in esports is not just about the game, you need to be professional in your conduct, your attitude and your appearance.
Like everything else it’s always a big challenge to hit the spotlights and it take a lot of dedication , perseverance and some amount of ‘luck’ to make it.
It’s worth noting that becoming a professional esports athlete is a difficult and competitive process and requires a lot of hard work, dedication, and talent. It’s important to remember that not every amateur gamer will become a professional esports athlete, but with hard work and dedication, it’s possible to achieve your goal.